refining mesh with additional points

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:38 PM
hi,

I have made most of triangle.net's functionality available to vvvv users, please see here: https://vvvv.org/contribution/triangle

so first of all, thanks for your great work on this!!

now, I'm trying to realize shape deformations which rely on a triangulated cage around a triangulated object. I can give both as a contour to triangle, but then it's not possible to distinguish them afterwards (afaik?), unless I do eg a point in polygon test; the author of the deformation library uses the original triangle to first triangulate the object, then refines this mesh while also adding the points defining the cage, which apparently gives him the original triangulated object first and the triangulated surrounding cage afterwards in the output, hence they are easy to distinguish.

Is something like this possible with triangle.net? I have tried several things but to no avail, any tip would be much appreciated,

thanks
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2016 at 9:57 PM
You can use regions to identify triangles inside a contour (either by adding region pointers to the polygon (see Example 4) or by using a region iterator with the mesh (see Example 7)).
Sep 30, 2016 at 11:56 AM
thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that!