clipper and license

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:08 AM
First of all great library, has been much more robust for me than poly2tri thanks.

I am still using clipper to cut holes out of polys prior to passing to Triangle.NET but this introduces accuracy issues as that uses int coordinates - what do other people use, any change to add poly clipping in the future?

Also can anyone tell me what happened with the original Quake https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/triangle.html code - did Jonathan Richard Shewchuk release the code into the public domain or commercial license is still an issue?
Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2016 at 8:34 PM
Sorry for delay.

There are no plans to add clipping. Why don't you use the built-in hole cutting that comes with Triangle?

The original license isn't compatible with any open source license, so, as someone on SO put it: you might doubt the legality of this project.
Feb 24, 2016 at 12:36 PM
A had a problem with the hole cutting in Triangle.Net - there was no solution that handles all cases of 'holes' that can span or split a polygon, potentially making more polygons. I merely wanted all polys of 1 winding to be removed from the other poly but I could get nothing consistently working like clipper.Execute(ClipType.ctDifference, solution, PolyFillType.pftEvenOdd, PolyFillType.pftNegative) and then using Triangle to triangulate each poly returned