[v3.0] Creating a simple concave mesh from a list of vertices

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Hello and thank you very much for this awesome implementation.

I'm successfully using Triangle.NET 3.0 in Unity, but I guess I'm missing something. I need to create a concave polygon by knowing only the ordered list of contour vertices.
Currently I add the vertices (points) into an InputGeometry, then I generate a Mesh from the InputGeometry using the Triangulate function. The mesh gets created, but obviously it's convex.
Hope you can help me with this question. Thanks a lot! :)
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2016 at 1:06 PM
You also need to add the corresponding segments (using inputGeometry.AddSegment(...)), see InputGeometry docs.

You should consider using the latest source code (unreleased beta 4).
Feb 6, 2016 at 12:42 PM
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for taking this long but I haven't yet had the chance to get back working on that particular project.

To better explain what I am trying to achieve, take a look at these two images. This is my current situation, where I generated a simple road network using some custom scripts and road data. There are a lot of overlapping triangles, but the overall road outline looks decent for my purpose.

My plan is to add all the road borders to Triangle.NET, and let it generate a mesh similar to the one in this picture (I approximated some polygons while editing the image, sorry):

How much of this is doable using Triangle.NET only? Thanks again for your time. :)